WHO ARE WE?
Elite Leaders Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under company number
06607063 and our registered address is Bonners Farm, Windmill Road, Nr Pepperstock, Beds, LU1 4LQ (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly).
Elite Leaders Limited respects the rights of its members, suppliers and other website visitors’ right to privacy and data protection. We are fully committed to complying with the provisions of all applicable Data Protection legislation and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR).
By using our website or using our services you agree to and accept the terms of this Policy, so please read it carefully.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- The personal details you provide (such as name, e-mail address; business address and phone number) when submitting a membership application, signing up as a supplier, or enquiring about an event.
- Information about your bank account and information that we require for the purpose of recording and processing payments (and administering your membership).
- Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or that you provide to us when you attend one of our events.
The information we hold could be collected through e-mails, phone calls, online registration forms, event registration forms and face-to-face meetings. We do not collect personal data about individuals except when there is a legitimate business requirement or when such information is provided on a voluntary basis.
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
The sort of cookies we use may include Google Analytics
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Elite Leaders Ltd is a membership organisation and for its legitimate business interests as well as contractual purposes, must maintain contact information on our members and suppliers to communicate information on membership, events, training courses, and any other products or services provided by ourselves or third-party suppliers. We may also occasionally send you promotional material promoting our events, training courses, membership services, business support services, and other relevant offerings. If you do not wish to receive marketing material, you may opt out. Every marketing e-mail will include an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom. You may also notify us by emailing Sue Evans – email@example.com
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MESSAGING
We may use third party provided tools such as WhatsApp to manage our interactions with you. If you send us a private or direct message via social media or WhatsApp the message may be stored by that platform. Like other personal data, these direct messages will not be shared with any other organisations.
The personal data collected is stored both paper based and electronically. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. At regular intervals we will update, archive, or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- we may make your personal data available to selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations
- if we need to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or to enforce our General Terms & Conditions, membership rules or other applicable contract terms that you are subject to.
- to protect us, our members or contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to request access to, or copies of, your personal data that we process.
- The right to request correction of any inaccuracies in your personal data or to have data erased.
- The right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data either for marketing purposes or where the processing of your personal data is causing unwarranted damage or distress.
- The right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us on 0844 993 4465 or firstname.lastname@example.org We may need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority is the Office of the Information Commissioner, full contact details for which can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/